Note: in this article we will use the term “crafted avatars” to refer to avatars that are created as the result of crafting two genesis Habbo Avatars together. We’re still not decided on the final name for the new collection, and we’ll be getting community input on the final decision.
Gm all! 👋
Back in April 2022 we shared a proposal for a trait editing feature for Habbo Avatars. Trait editing is a way for Habbo Avatar holders to enjoy self-expression as well as adding an additional reason for holding multiple avatars with different rarities. Essentially, we wanted avatar owners to be able to craft two of their avatars together, picking traits from each one to create a new avatar that belonged to an entirely new collection.
We’ve had an extremely busy time since then but we’re now getting ready to release trait editing. The feature itself has changed a fair amount from the proposal we shared last year. Among other things, we wanted to make it more exciting, more customisable, and more inclusive for those people with less rare avatars.
Summary of changes to the original proposal (a TL:DR)
- We’re introducing way more new traits than we originally planned to (20 new ones in total), and even avatars with Basic H effects will get access to some of these new traits.
- We’re introducing a new effect for crafted avatars, but you’ll still be able to choose from either of two effects the two original avatars had.
- You’ll be able to remove some traits entirely.
- The feature will remain open and in use indefinitely.
- We’re increasing the price to use the trait editing feature from 1k NFTC to 5k NFTC (this will be heavily influenced by feedback from the community, see below).
- You’ll be able to reverse it to get the two original avatars back (this will also cost 5k NFTC and gas, neither of which will be refundable).
How it’ll work
As detailed in the previous proposal, to use the fully released, final version of the trait editor, you’ll visit our website, connect your wallet, and then select two avatars you own to craft together in the new trait editor.
You’ll then be able to go through each and every trait your avatar has, either selecting one of the traits it already has, or in some cases, removing it completely. Once you’re happy, you’ll be able to go through and mint the avatar for 5k NFTC. Then, if you want, you’ll be able to spend 5k NFTC to reverse the crafting process and get your old two avatars back using the same feature. (Note that you won’t be able to keep the avatar you crafted.)
- The ONLY place you can use the trait editing feature to both create and revert crafted avatars is https://nft.habbo.com/traits/editor. It may sound obvious, but don’t try and send crafted avatars to the burn wallet to get your original two back — this will not work and you’ll lose the avatar.
- You won’t be able to remove the following traits from your avatars: gender, hues, complexion, face, shirt, pants, shoes, effect.
- After the feature is fully released, minting is open and the new avatar collection is live, we don’t intend to close it. If we do, we’ll give ample warning before doing so.
- You’ll be able to use our website to reverse the process and get back your two original avatars if you want, but it’ll cost 5k NFTC as well as gas fees. Note that you won’t keep the avatar you crafted if you reverse the process.
- The new collection will contain a maximum of 3,500 avatars. If 3,500 are created, no more will be craftable until one is reverted.
- When Trippy or Ultra Trippy avatars are used in the trait editing feature, they won’t be burned. We decided to do this so that Trippy and Ultra Trippy avatars aren’t removed from the genesis Habbo Avatars collection.
The new traits
One of the most exciting aspects of the trait editing feature and the new collection of crafted avatars is the new traits 🔥
We’ve created a total of 20 new traits and we’ve added 4 existing ones from Habbo, so a total of 24. The traits unlocked based on the rarest effect either of the two avatars have. For example, if one avatar has a Basic effect and another has Diamond, you’ll be able to use any of the traits apart from the ones reserved for Rainbow and Trippy avatars.
Check the below graphic to see which traits will be available to which avatars:
- We’re going to allow considerably more of the new traits to be used per avatar
- ALL newly crafted avatars will be able to use at least three new traits
- Also, the extra traits you get from better rarity avatars stack
Diamond and Rainbow effects add 1x extra new trait, Trippy adds 2x new traits, and Ultra Trippy adds 3x new traits. Check below for the exact number of new traits each combination gives you 👇
Note that all of the above is subject to change based on the feedback we get from the community council and the community in general. See below for a more in-depth look at how we’ll be using feedback to get this feature right.
Test period and community feedback
First of all, we feel it’s important to acknowledge this feature is pretty different from the original proposal. Secondly, we want to again emphasise that we are very much focused on what the community wants from this feature. If the feeling is that the original proposal was better, then we can look at it again and rejig it, or even revert it completely.
As we mentioned here, before the feature launches fully with the option to mint, we’ll be providing everyone with the chance to test out the feature and see what sort of avatar creations are possible.
The test version won’t have a MetaMask integration — you’ll just be able type in the numbers of any two avatars and play about with it.
There are a number of impactful decisions that we still need to take before the full launch of the feature, and that we will get your feedback and input on:
- The NFTC price of using the feature
- The precise perks that crafted avatars get, including daily NFTC accrual
- The trait availability for each effect and the traits themselves
Check our Discord announcement made on February 16th, 2023 for direct links to forums discussing topics of price, perks and traits.
As well as talking directly to the community council, there are also opportunities to use Snapshot to provide our holders with a direct vote on the above. This is something we may do for choosing the name of the new collection.
Conclusions and more information
❗️ Please, please read the FAQ before asking questions!
You can share feedback by tagging us on Twitter @HabboNFT and in our Discord 💬 (Check our announcement made on February 16th, 2023 for direct links to forums discussing topics of price, perks and traits.)